Who we are
Our website address is: http://mysimplereview.com.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
No one! We protect your privacy at all costs!
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognise and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Your contact information
How we protect your data
What data breach procedures we have in place
What third parties we receive data from
What automated decision making and/or profiling we do with user data
Industry regulatory disclosure requirements
- Google’s use of advertising cookies enables it and its partners to serve ads on My Simple Review based on their visit to my site and/or other sites on the Internet.
- Users may opt out of personalized advertising.
- Some of the ads you receive on Web pages are customized based on predictions about your interests generated from your visits to different Websites in this browser and on other devices you may use. This type of ad customization is sometimes called “online behavioral” or “interest-based” advertising. Such online advertising helps support the free content, products and services you get online. The DAA Principles apply to interest-based advertising and other applicable uses of Web viewing data collected over time and across nonaffiliated Web sites and on other devices.
Using this browser tool, you can control the collection and use of Web viewing data for interest-based advertising and other applicable uses on this browser, by some or all of the participating companies.
- See all the participating companies in this WebChoices tool and learn more about their practices.
- Also find out which participating companies have currently enabled customized ads for your browser.
- Check whether you’ve already set controls previously from participating companies.
- Exercise choice with some or all participating companies to store your preferences for your browser, using opt-out cookies or other technologies.
- Deleting browser cookies may remove your opt-out preferences, so you should visit this page periodically to review your opt-out preferences, or update your choices to include new participating companies.
- Use the “OPT OUT OF ALL” feature to control data collection and use covered by the DAA from all currently participating companies in one step.
- You may still receive other types of online advertising from participating companies, and these companies may still collect information for other purposes consistent with the DAA Principles.